Example - Healthy Grocery Shopping
Healthy Grocery Shopping Items
Peppers (Green, Yellow, Orange)
Shrimp Huberts Lemonade
Ground Beef (90/10) - 20 oz
Taco Seasoning (Wild Tree) - 1 Tbsp
Yellow Onion - 50g
Tomatoes (diced) - 1 Cup
Lettuce - 1 Cup
Shredded Mexican Cheese (Hyvee) - 3/4 Cup
Flour Tortillas (Indi) - 5
Corn Tortillas (Old El Paso) - 5
*Makes 10 Tacos
1. Add Taco Seasoning to Beef and brown in a pan with Onions.
2. Once brown, add Tomatoes and take off burner.
3. Assemble Tacos as desired
4. Air Fry @ 360 for 4 min
Calories - 215, Protein - 16g, Carbs - 13g, Fat - 11g
Vanilla Pumpkin Frosty
FNX Reform Vegan Vanilla Protein - 1 Scoop
Banana (frozen) - 100g
Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk - 1/3 cup
Pumpkin Puree (Libby's) - 2 Tbsp
Pumpkin Pie spice (McCormick) - 1/2 tsp
1. Put all ingredients into food processor and mix
Calories - 221, Protein - 22g, Carbs - 32g, Fat - 1g
Chocolate Chip Maple Donut Yogurt Bowl
Nonfat Greek Yogurt - 3/4 cup
FNX Maple Donut AM Protein - 1 scoop
Maple Syrup (Wagner's) - 1 tbsp
Hershey's Dark Choc Chips - 1 tbsp
1. Mix Yogurt & Protein until smooth
2. Top with Choc Chips & Maple Syrup
(stirring optional or leave as pictured and enjoy!)
Calories - 320, Protein - 39g, Carbs - 32g, Fat - 6g
Veggie Egg Bake
Eggs - 20 Whites
Eggs - 5 Whole
Spinach - 6 cups
Green/Yellow Zucchini - 4 cups each
Red/Yellow Peppers - 1 each
Unsweetened Almond Milk - 1 cup
Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
Seasonings of Choice
1. Heat Olive Oil and begin to cook Peppers.
2. Combine Eggs (whole & white) with Almond Milk & stir.
3. Spray 13x9 baking pan, add half the veggies, pour egg mixture on top and add the second half of the veggies.
4. Bake at 375 for about 15-20 min.
*Makes 6 Servings
Calories - 213, Protein - 21g, Carbs - 11g, Fat - 10g
Sweet Mint Protein Shake
Unsweetened Almond Milk - 1 cup
FNX Mint Choc Truffle Protein - 1 scoop
Mint leaves - to your taste
Pineapple - 1/2 cup
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes - 1/8 cup
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
Agave - 1 tbsp
Calories - 322, Protein - 24g, Carbs - 36g, Fat - 10g
Tomato Basil Halibut & Veggies
Halibut - 2 lbs
Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
Grape Tomatoes - 1 container
Red Bell Pepper - 1
Yellow Bell Pepper - 1
Eggplant - 1
*Makes 5 servings
1. In large pan or wok, heat Olive Oil.
2. Add in sliced Peppers, Tomatoes & Eggplant.
3. Add in Halibut & Basil, cook for about 3-4 min on each side.
Cal - 259, Pro - 37g, Carb - 14g, Fat - 6g
Creamy Chicken & Rice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 3 Tbsp
Minced Garlic - 1 Tbsp
Yellow Onion (chopped) - 200g
Chicken (diced) - 56 oz
Brown Rice - 2 Cups
Water - 1 Cup
Chicken Broth (Low Sodium - Pacific Foods) - 2 Cups
Lemon Juice - 1 Tbsp
Zesty Lemon seasoning (Weber) - 1 Tbsp
Cheese (Queso - Supremo) - 112g
*Makes 7 Servings
1. Set Instant Pot to "Sauté." Once hot, add Olive Oil, Garlic and Onion. Stir occasionally for about 4 min
2. Add diced Chicken and stir. Cook until Chicken is no longer pink
3. Add Brown Rice, Water, Chicken Broth and Lemon Juice. Stir well
4. Press "cancel" then close lid, seal and cook on high for 6 minutes. Once done, let naturally release for 5 min, then quick release the rest
5. Stir in Cheese and serve!
Calories - 423, Protein - 51g, Carbs - 25g, Fat - 15g
Follow These Links for Other Amazing Meal & Snack Ideas:
Supercook - Supercook is an amazing website that allows you to enter which foods you have in your home then provides you with a list of recipes you can make.
Compare Foods - When trying to compare two different foods, this is the site to use. It allows you to compare their nutritional values side-by-side to make the best choice.
Cooking for One - Being hard to cook for one is common complaint that I come across. This list is great to follow whether you're cooking for one or more. It never hurts to make more (*cough, cough* - meal prep!).
Clean Eating Grocery List - Eating clean is essential for proper health. Add some of these to your list then next time you head to the grocery store.
Budget Bytes - Budget Bytes not only gives you awesome recipes, it also breaks down the cost as a total & per serving. A great tool for shopping on a budget.